Monday, May 10, 2010

lost in langkawi

There is no transportation on Langkawi, so the thing to do is to rent some wheels. Nicole and I rented this sassy little number to cruise around the island one day in search of the highly disappointing "black sand beach." Driving was so much fun, though--the traffic wasn't too scary, and people were okay with how slow we were going. I haven't been on two wheels in almost three years (and I've never driven on the left side of the road before--at least not on purpose) but it was so mellow and warm and wonderful. I can tell that is what I'll be doing in my dreams.

nicole01

Even though there are only about three roads on the island, we got lost. We stopped to ask directions at this far superior beach where you could see Koh Lipe, an island that is part of Thailand. This guy was hawking beverages and tours and gave us great directions, as well as his surprisingly fancy business card.

No comments:

Post a Comment