Sunday, April 18, 2010

oh subte.

Oh, this photo. Five minutes after taking this photo, my buddy and I were collectively robbed on the E line of the subte. We had spent an amazing morning shooting one of the most incredible sites I've ever been to--a sprawling, decaying, yet functional campus where they work on the trains. The buildings were beautiful, the machines were awe-inspiring, the colors were fantastic, and I probably shot around 200 photos inside, plus at the abandoned train station just outside it. We were eventually kicked out for trespassing. My buddy shot so many photos that his memory card filled, so I gave him the one I had been shooting on and used my backup card. Then we returned to the city. And he had his camera--with my precious memory card inside--lifted in a packed-like-sardines subway car.

subte03

This has pretty much happened to everyone I know here in Buenos Aires. If I'm carrying lots of cash on me, say, to pay my rent, I never get on the subway.

No comments:

Post a Comment