Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Keeping in Touch

I never really thought I'd be a video-chatter, but gchat and Skype are amazing and free. It requires adapting to some new rules of etiquette. Like I used to loll around half-dressed in the morning, but that happens to be when my folks tend to call. Here's an assortment of screen grabs over the past six weeks.

chat

I first got on video chat when my friend Sam (actually, not pictured) was in Tel Aviv last year. It was so cool. He was in a cafe and I could hear the music playing in the background, and see the people he was with. Now I have breakfast with my folks, shop online with Kate in Michigan, listen to music with Eric in Chicago, gaze at the snow in NYC with Preeti, dance to video game music with Brendan in Seoul, look at photos with Wes in Denmark, and kick it with the Witz in Virginia. Once in a while my father will entertain me with the dog's new tricks as well. It is pretty silly but also amazing!

Yeah, that's me in the lower left. I only recently figured out that I can make that box go away, but that's the only time I can see what my hair looks like. Another thing missing from my life here...a mirror.

1 comment:

  1. is that a fancy updo in that pic of you? you look so sophisticated and pretty! i love this post, btw. you're awesome and i love you

    ReplyDelete