Sunday, February 7, 2010

two-fer sunday

These two photos have to go together. I spent New Year's in Punta del Diablo, Uruguay with Suzanna and a ton of Brazilians--it's just an hour from the Brazilian border. This is the full moon rising from the deck of our hostel, Elida Elena.

NYE Full Moon

Between these two photos lay a night of partying, including non-ironic dancing to Bob Marley at Bitacora, a club that opened that night. The entire town was there. Suzanna and I walked down the beach to the first party around midnight, and fireworks were exploding everywhere. I probably could have died happily right there (as long as it wasn't a slow, burning, death-by-firework-in-the-gut). But if I had, I wouldn't have been able to witness the first sunrise of 2010.

Punta Del Diablo Sunrise

What a year, 2010: so far, so good. And I really do mean "so far" and "so good."

No comments:

Post a Comment