Monday, February 22, 2010

Luxury Hideout

With all the flooding and power outages, I decided to leave my house and stay at a friend-of-a-friend's in Palermo, one of the very swank areas of town. I was upset about the situation at home, but I've gotta say it's really nice to stay somewhere posh for a few nights. It is like living in a hotel. I've only met this girl twice and now I'm living in her apartment while she is out of town. Life is great like that. This luxury hideout even has a rooftop pool. Unfortunately I can't use it because of all the rain.

3181lobby

This morning I came in around 5 a.m. and sat for a spell with one of the security guards. I have no recollection what we talked about, or that I even took this photo, but hey, here it is. I do remember that when I stood to get in the elevator, I said good-bye and gave him a kiss on the cheek, which is normal in Buenos Aires, but probably not with the security guards. But you know how once you start going in for the kiss, you can't just change your mind and do a handshake. That would be even weirder.


PS: For anyone who likes Jeff Bridges as much as I do, there's a great photo feature in the NYTimes Magazine that is worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment